dogs are OK - wooof furnished cottage/cabin no laundry on site no smoking
QR Code Link to This Post
Description: Summer Lake Cabin/House for Rent
Kego Lake, Longville, MN: ~One hour north of Brainerd. Happy to answer questions, just send an email. May take a day or two for a response - but if it isn't obvious that you are truly interested you will not get a response (hidden or obfuscated email addresses and no contact information for example). Primary management, reservations, and additional photos for this property are all available at the link below.
Availability and rates here: https://evolvevacationrental.com/289863
2018 rentals begin May 17th. Occasionally, cancellations do open up, but please read the cancellation policy on VRBO, Airbnb, Evolve, etc. (wherever you reserve from)
Private Lake Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + a single Hide-a-bed, 1 Bath (Sleeps 5 comfortably, 6 with the pullout couch). This property is offered from May through September. Seasonal, monthly, weekly or daily agreements available (3 night minimum), but generally the 4th of July is reserved for a week long rental. This property is managed through the Evolve vacation rental network (similar to, and also listed on, VRBO, AirB&B, and HomeAway) with rates, availability, and specifics listed with their description at this location: https://evolvevacationrental.com/289863
For the comfort of all guests, smoking is not allowed, and pets may only be kept within the entry way (not the main living areas), due to allergies in our family.
Welcome to Kego, a private lake primarily for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, etc., but large enough for water sports (skiing, wake boarding, etc. - public launch available) in North Central, MN, near the small town of Longville. The area is a well-known vacation destination primarily due to the lakes, boating, fishing, watersports, and general outdoor activities. If your plan is to spend as much of your time enjoying the woods, lakes and outdoors of northern Minnesota, this may be the right place for you.
This is a basic, cozy 2 bedroom cottage with a few touches of modern conveniences, and all furniture is nearly new and kept clean. All the mattresses are new, and either have their original plastic covers or new waterproof covers kept on them. Generally speaking it is a clean cabin that makes for a great venue to spend time with friends and family. These pictures are pretty accurate, except there is a different refrigerator, and the audio and video systems have been upgraded to a flat screen and Blu-ray player, but television is by antennae only - if you get one channel you are doing well. Mobile phones work pretty well in the area depending on service provider of course. The playground has been replaced with a new one (not pictured), and a new fire pit by the water is a nice place to spend evenings.
Located approximately one hour north of Brainerd, MN, Longville has a population of ~200 permanent residents, and swells to several thousand during the summer months. Longville is known as "The Turtle Racing Capital of the World". Every Wednesday through the summer, the town's main street is shut down for the turtle races and other attractions, such as food stands, games, and dance contests. Longville is large enough to have a grocery store, a few restaurants in town, numerous other businesses including the ever-so-crucial ice-cream shop, and a local coffee shop that provides free wireless internet access if needed.
For those without a boat, this cabin does have a small fishing boat with an electric motor available for use with your own private dock. There is also a swing set for the little ones directly adjacent to the cabin. The shoreline is not steep - the lot is nearly level, so you don't have 30 stair steps to deal with when heading back and forth to the lake which is very close.
The fishing in the area is one of the primary activities that keep people coming back year after year. You can catch bluegill, sunfish, rock bass, perch, large and smallmouth bass and northern pike right off the dock. Some of our friends have had great luck with their fly rods, and there are some local dedicated trout lakes available for the avid fly fisherman. There is also a kid's fishing contest every Tuesday in nearby Hackensack. Our family encourages catch and release of the sport fish so everyone can continue to enjoy the great fishing, so bring your camera!
Nearby lakes include Leech Lake, Ten Mile, Stony, Woman Lake, Girl Lake, Child Lake, Little Boy Lake, and Lake Inguadona. These are great lakes to try if you are into doing a little lake hopping with your boat.
We aren't interested in misleading anyone, so feel free to ask any question. Inquiries that seem to be phishing attempts will not be responded to, so please make it obvious that you are truly interested.
- Mountain Biking Trails (http://www.longville.com/biking.html)
- Boy River canoe trips
- Woodtick Trail
- Itasca State Park - the headwaters of the Mississippi River (Minnesota's oldest state park), ~ 1 hour away. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/itasca/index.html
- Every Wednesday, turtle races in Longville
- Northern Lights Casino is nearby - they often have live music. http://northernlightscasino.com/
- Leech lake is a well-known walleye and musky lake in the area if you are interested in going fishing for the big ones, or sailing, boat tours, etc.
- Movies at the Bear Paws Theater in Hackensack. http://www.bearpausetheater.com/
- The flea markets hit Hackensack fairly often
- Of course the 4th of July celebrations in Longville and most of the local towns are fun.
- Don't miss the moon dance ranch that has great events throughout the summer months: http://www.moondanceevents.net/index.php
There are numerous golf courses within an hour of Longville - hit them all! A few examples:
- Ridgewood Golf Course (Longville -- Approx. 10 miles away)
- Chippewa National Golf Course (Longville -- Approx. 10 miles)
- Black Bear Golf Course (Backus -- Approx. 30 miles)
- Driftwood Resort (Pine River -- Approx. 30 miles))
- Long Bow Golf Club (Walker -- Approx. 20 miles)
- Wedgewood Golf Course (Walker -- Approx. 20 miles)
- Pine River Country Club (Pine River -- Approx. 30 miles)
- Tianna Country Club (Walker -- Approx. 20 miles)
Useful Local Links:
- City of Longville http://www.longville.com/
- City of Hackensack http://www.hackensackchamber.com/
- City of walker http://www.walkermn.com/
- Leech Lake area chamber of commerce http://www.leech-lake.com
- Chippewa National Forest http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/chippewa/index.htm
- Four Wheeling Trail Info http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trails/index.html
- DNR Homepage http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html
- Paul Bunyan Trail http://www.paulbunyantrail.com/
- Deep Portage Learning Center: http://www.deep-portage.org/
Tags: Kego, Long, Leech Lake, Brainerd, Woman Lake, Girl Lake, Wabado, Longville, Walker, Boating, Vacation, Woman Lake, Ten Mile, Family vacation, Fishing, cabin, cottage, getaway, private, beach, boat, lake house, lake home rental
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers