compensation: Will discuss if interviewed. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BRANCH MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
About the Position: The Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day-to day operations and performance of the assigned PTI location(s). The Branch Manager will help achieve both individual and company goals and objectives while exceeding the customer’s needs for safe and reliable crew transportation. A Branch Manager may be responsible for both Over-the-Road (OTR) and Designated Yard Van (DYV) operations for a branch(s).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Ensure all appropriate safety measures are in place and promote all aspects of operating safe equipment by well-trained drivers.
o Promote and practice the safety awareness through the use of the Positive Safety Culture safety model.
o Educate and instruct all employees on the completion of all required paperwork and related deadlines.
o Coach drivers on events recorded through the DriveCam technology.
o Ensure safety performance of the branch(s) through strict adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
o Responsible for providing information and pictures of any PTI accident to the Safety and Risk departments.
o Recruit, select, train and retain a quality driver workforce.
o Conduct pre-employment and all random drug and alcohol tests.
o Maintain a staffing level based upon guidance from your Supervisor in order to meet the needs of the customer.
o Ensure your branch(s) is staffed to a minimum of 90% of the OTR schedule.
o Maintain the OTR and DYV schedules as required.
o Utilize the staffing tools provided by the Company.
o Overall responsibility for the complete operations of the branch providing supervision and coaching to all employees.
o Oversight and responsibility for branch expenditures; monitor and control expenses.
o Properly train and monitor all employees on the operational technology and equipment and compliance of required paperwork.
o Complete shifts/driver over the road when the situation warrants at the direction of your Supervisor.
o Ensure all trips and work are completed accurately, timely, and professionally.
o Communicate with the Dispatch department to ensure all trips are covered.
o Monitor and evaluate the performance of the drivers through physical observations and the use of available technology.
o Ensure all drivers are scheduled and work within their Hours of Service (HOS).
o Complete and send all required paperwork to the Field Support Center (FSC).
o Document all disciplinary action taken. Send to the FSC to be placed into the employee file.
• Fleet Maintenance:
o All vehicles are to be maintained per instructions by the Fleet Department.
o Complete weekly compliance inspections as required.
o Follow the vehicle maintenance and repair policy provided by the Fleet Department.
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM):
o Develop relationships and maintain such with each railroad customer.
o Monitor local market conditions and advise corporate management of any changes.
o Promote good customer relationships by meeting with the local railroad officials weekly to discuss the operations, satisfaction level of service being provided and any other pertinent issues.
o Work with the railroad officials to report any Yard Safety issues.
o Attend railroad safety meetings whenever possible.
• Minimum of 1 year of management experience.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Have a valid state driver’s license issued by the state of proposed employment.
• Have at least 5 years of verifiable driving experience.
• Must not have a physical impairment preventing him or her driving safely, or from performing the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
• Must be able to use a GPS/Technology System, read and understand roadmaps.
• Associate or Bachelor degree.
• Ability to lift and pull up to 15 pounds.
• Must be able to climb in and out of the vehicle.
• Must be able to bend to inspect the undercarriage of a vehicle and tires.
• Must be able to manually open and close all doors and hatches on the vehicle.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time when driving, which may be required.
• If managing more than one branch, the Branch Manager is expected to go to the secondary location to conduct recruiting, training, safety meetings, performance feedback and coaching sessions, and conduct CRM visits as assigned by your Supervisor.
• Assessment Test.
• Pre-employment Drug Screening.
• A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check.
• Background Check.
• Driving Performance Test.
*This job description does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the Company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
Position reports to: General Manager
Who we are:
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) was founded in 1980 and began its operations serving as a crew transportation service for the railroad. With our main focus on safety, dependability and on-time performance, PTI is responsible for transporting crew members for most of the largest railroad companies in the nation.
PTI’s Field Support Center is located in Evansville, Indiana with managers and regional offices strategically placed throughout the United States. PTI has evolved into a multifaceted transportation organization and is always looking for growth opportunities in other parts of the industry.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities